I have so much respect for those of you who have been consistently cooking, plating, and photographing like everything is normal. On most days I feel special if I can make a cup of tea or tomato chutney.
This chutney is special because I can eat it with dosa, idly, French fries, chops, cutlets, fritters, butter toast, burnt rotis or just a spoon. This tomato chutney ensures that I have fewer reasons to get out of bed.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 4-5 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 spring of curry leaves
- 2 large tomatoes diced
- Salt to taste
- sugar to taste
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- Heat oil in a pan. Temper with mustard seeds, curry leaves, and garlic.
- Add tomatoes and cook until soft. Season with salt and sugar.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Grind into a smooth paste and serve at room temperature.