French Silk Pie
For the crust
- 20 Oreo cookies with filling
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter melted
For the filling
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 220 grams bittersweet chocolate (I used chocolate chips) melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 142 grams unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups heavy cream
- 4 tsp powdered sugar
For the topping
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Chocolate shavings or cocoa powder for garnish if desired
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-inch deep pie dish with cooking spray.
- Grind the Oreo cookies in a food processor. Add in the melted butter and pulse until moistened. Press the mixture into the bottom of a prepared pie pan. Bake for 10 minutes, or until fragrant and set aside to cool.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the granulated sugar and eggs. Set over medium-low heat and cook, whisking constantly, until the mixture reaches 160°F. Remove from heat and stir in the melted chocolate and vanilla until smooth. Cool to just warm, stirring occasionally.
- Use an electric mixer, beat the butter until light and fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Gradually add in the cooled chocolate mixture then beat on high speed for 5 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
- In a clean bowl use an electric mixer to beat the cream until it begins to thicken. Add the powdered sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the pan, smoothing evenly. The pie will be tall with filling. Chill for 6 hours. At this point the pie can be stored for up to 2 days ahead of time.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla on high speed until stiff peaks form. Top pie with whipped cream and garnish with chocolate shavings or dust with cocoa powder.
Calories: 696kcalCarbohydrates: 60gProtein: 7gFat: 49gSaturated Fat: 31gCholesterol: 181mgSodium: 182mgPotassium: 257mgFiber: 2gSugar: 47gVitamin A: 1371IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 122mgIron: 3mg