We don’t normally think of serving salmon as part of a completely Indian menu, but salmon goes surprisingly well with Indian spices. The fish is very sturdy with lots of natural oils that keep it moist even when cooked at very high temperatures, making it perfect for tandoors. When broiled, it creates a slight crisp and char which is perfect for homemade kebabs. You can serve these salmon skewers on Individual saucers as starters, or you can serve them over a bed of rice with butter and grilled vegetables as one-pot meal, or drop them into a tomato butter sauce to make a saucy Indian entrée. You don’t need to break your head and back planning an elaborate Indian meal. Summer potlucks, backyard barbecues, winter holidays, special occasions –this kebab platter is simple, yet elegant enough to be an easy fix for any event. It is also great for you if you are trying to lose weight. So there’s just a 1000 reasons why you should make this recipe NOW.
Salmon kebab with green chutney
- 500 grams salmon cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1/4 cup hung or Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp Ras el hanout or your favorite blend of spices
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp oil
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, cover with cling wrap and let sit in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to the highest temperature setting available or set the oven to high broil.
- Skewer the fish chunks, evenly divided between four wooden skewers.
- Cook for 5 minutes on one side. Then flip and cook for 3 more minutes on the other side or until the fish is cooked.