What can I say? This is the queen of authentic Bengali cuisine and therefore needs no introduction.
Aam Boal Recipe
- 2 large boal steaks marinated with salt and turmeric and shallow fried
- 2 tbsp mustard oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 2 green chilis slit
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup green/raw mango grated
- salt to taste
- a pinch of sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped onions and cook over medium heat until golden brown.
- Add garlic paste, ginger paste and green chilis and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Add turmeric, chili powder and tomato paste and cook for 4-5 more minutes, or until oil separates.
- Now add the grated mango, salt, sugar and fish steaks. Give everything a good stir.
- Add water and bring it to a boil. Cover and cook for 5 minutes over low heat or until oil separates.
- Remove from heat and serve with steamed rice.