boro pishir dhone patar chutney (cilantro chutney)
Write a review
- 2 bunches of cilantro/coriander leaves
- 1 green chili
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 tsp mustard oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 whole dry red chili
- 1 tbsp tamarind pulp/concentrate
- 1/4 cup sugar
- salt to taste
- Grind cilantro, green chili and ginger into a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a small pan, add mustard seeds and dry red chili.
- When they start spluttering, add the cilantro paste, tamarind, sugar and salt.
- Continue to cook, stirring occasionally until the sugar dissolves and the water evaporates.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Goes great with fried savory items like fritters, samosa, or pakoras. You can also serve it, as you would any other Indian pickle, with rice or roti.
Not A Curry http://notacurry.com/